We offer you:
- what: residency for professional artists of all kinds
- where: Bellwald, Canton of Valais, Switzerland, mountain village at 1600 m
- studio: old renovated barn (with internet connection)
- accommodation: 1 ½ room appartment in the village, nearby the studio
- grant: SFr. 1’500.- per month
- allocation by: association artbellwald.ch and Canton of Valais
- applicants: professional artists
- art division: painting, sculpture, literature, photography, multi media, composition, architecture, fashion design etc.
- age and nationality: no restriction
- length of stay: 2 to 6 months
- fill in the application form on www.artbellwald.ch completely (CV, portfolio, motivation letter, description of project during residency, etc. only in PDF format);
- additionally send two complete sets of your application (A4 format; CDs, books, publications, partitions etc.) by post between September and November 30th (postmark) to the Association artbellwald.ch, P.O. Box 242, CH 3997 Bellwald;
- artbellwald.ch will acknowledge receipt by mail;
- the applications are treated by the committee of artbellwald.ch;
- the acceptance of the application files by the Department of Culture of the Canton of Valais take place towards the end of March;
- artbellwald.ch informs all applicants by e-mail.
Documents will only be returned on demand. One copy remains in possession of the association.
- the artists are expected to work and create during the residency;
- towards the end of their stay, an open day, a lecture or a little concert takes place. It gives the artists the possibility to show their works to the members of the association, the population of the village and the tourists present in Bellwald;
- the artists agree to give to the association as gratitude one of their works “made in Bellwald” as a present;
- all artists must be in possession of a civil responsibility insurance as well as a health and accident Insurance.
- travel and other expenses are matter of the artists;
- visa or other necessary documents are responsibility of the artists;
- working materials must be organised by the artist; there are no instruments available in Bellwald.
- Switzerland has different electrical plugs, bring adapters with you!